- Generate ssh2 (openssh format) key pair on your personal computer or another host where you have an account. See SSH Introduction.
- Use a passphrase when generating your keys, you will use this passphrase for your ssh login.
- Send your public key (file that ends with .pub) to email@example.com. Keep your private key safe and never share it.
- Once your key is added to your new account on a cluster, you will receive an email confirmation with information about your account
- Use ssh to login to your account:
- ssh -l account server.name.here
- If your private key is in a non-standard location you can specify It's location using the "-i" parameter in SSH.
- ssh -i /path/to/private_key -l account server.name.here