NBCR Summer Institute 2008
Mini-symposium Aug 4, Aug 11, 2008
Morning Tracks 9 am to 12 pm, Aug 4-8, 2008
- Track 1 Cluster and Grid Computing and Workflow Management
- This track will cover the basic cluster and grid computing techniques, use of Opal to wrap applications as services, and use of Vision to build computational workflows
- Track 2 Programming Scalable Scientific Applications
- This track will cover the use of computational libraries such as FETK, SUPERLU, PETSc, and user level programming interfaces such as Pydusa which wraps these more advanced libraries
- Track 6 Multiscale Image Analysis and Visualization
- This track will cover multiscale image acquisition, tomographic reconstruction, feature extraction, mesh generation, visualization, and some basic model-building techniques for mesoscale simulation.
Afternoon Tracks 2 pm to 5 pm, Aug 4-8, 2008
- Track 3 Virtual Screening and Computer Aided Drug Design
- This track will cover the Relaxed Complex Scheme using Molecular Dynamics Simulations and virtual screening using AutoDock and AutoDockTools.
- Track 5 Molecular Electrostatics and Diffusion
- This track will cover the electrostatics and molecular diffusion theories and applications in molecular interactions and the supramolecular complexes.
Full Day Training Sessions II, Aug 11-13, 2008
- Track 4. Computational Cardiac Electrophysiology and Mechanics
- This track will cover the use of Continuity, a multiscale problem solving environment, in modeling cardiac electrophysiology and mechanics