SI2007 Programming Scientific Applications
Time: 2 to 5 pm
Location: PFBH 161
- Tuesday, July 31, Developing MPI Applications for Large Clusters
- Instructors: Tim Kaiser, Jane Ren
- Start with basic MPI programming techniques, this series expands into parallel programming, debugging and optimization of codes, including the development and use of MyMPI.
- Introduction to MPI
- MyMPI - Parallel Programming in Python
- Wednesday, Aug 1, New Programming Models
- Instructors: Tim Kaiser, Luca Clementi
- How to use new programming models to take advantage of emerging architectures?
- Where are machines going?
- Small scale SMP parallelism
- Combined OpenMP and MPI
- Large scale parallelism issues
- Example of fault tolerance using standard MPI-2
- Bag of task parallelism
- Thursday, Aug 2, Numerical Libraries for Scientific Computing
- Friday, Aug 3, Service Oriented Architecture for Scientific Applications
- Instructor: Sriram Krishnan
- In this tutorial, we will present an introduction to Web services, and how they are applicable to scientific applications. We will present the NBCR Opal Web services wrapper toolkit, and show how it can be used to rapidly deploy scientific applications as Web services in a live hands-on session.
- Introduction to Web Services
- Wrapping Scientific Applications As Web Services Using The Opal Toolkit
- Using Opal to deploy a real scientific application as a Web service
- Prerequisites: Please make sure that the following prerequisites are installed on your laptops before the hands-on part of this tutorial